Dogs brought into the Parma Animal Shelter, Inc. by Parma Animal Control, Parma Police, or the public are subject to impound fees, $20 the first day, and $10 per day thereafter, payable to the City of Parma, payable to the Parma Animal Shelter, Inc.
Please note that the If you’re picking up your animal, be prepared to have exact cash or a check for the Parma Animal Shelter and the City of Parma. We also require identification. Please bring a leash and collar if your dog was not wearing one. If you are picking up your cat, please bring a carrier.
The fee schedule is as follows:
- $20 – Impound fee (charged daily until pickup) – Payable to City of Parma*
- *Note: $20 the first day, $10 per day thereafter
- If your dog was given a Bordetella vaccine, a $10 fee payable to Parma Animal Shelter.
PARMA ANIMAL SHELTER, INC. ACCEPTS CASH, CHECKS OR CREDIT CARDS. THE CITY OF PARMA ACCEPTS CASH OR CHECKS ONLY
All adoptable animals brought into the shelter will be turned over for adoption after a minimum of three (3) business days.
- Volunteers are not allowed to accept stray animals brought into the shelter without the Animal Control Officer’s direct authorization.
- An impound form must be filled out by anybody leaving an animal after permission has been given.
- Identification is required when dropping off or picking up an animal.
- Owner surrenders are by appointment only and after permission has been given by Health and Welfare. Please see our Need Help page for more information on surrendering your pet. All requests must be accompanied by the dog owner surrender form or cat owner surrender form.