Lost or Found a Pet?
Tips for Finding a Lost Pet
- Contact animal agencies: Our number is 440-885-8014.
- Search the Neighborhood: Walk or drive through your neighborhood several times every day–show a picture, if you have one. Early morning and sunset are prime times for finding lost pets. Put a sign in your front yard with a lost pet poster from Pawboost.com!
- Use the power of SCENT! Place a recently worn article of clothing in your yard; for cats that usually stay indoors, place their litter box outside. Familiar scents can bring them home!
- ADVERTISE: Post fliers in all public places – grocery stores, community centers, churches, etc. Place an ad in the classified section of your local paper. Offer a reward if possible. Caution: to protect yourself from pet recovery scams, leave out one of your pets identifying characteristics so you can verify the honesty of any caller who claims to have found your pet.
- Notify others: Call your local vet clinics. Your pet may have been injured!
- File a Report: If you believe your pet has been stolen, notify police.
- Don’t Give Up! We’ve re-united owners with their pets MONTHS after they found their way to our Shelter! It’s important to keep checking the Shelters daily.
- And the next time: Protect your pet from getting lost again. Microchip your pet (all animals from Parma Animal Shelter are microchipped prior to adoption!) ALWAYS keep a collar with an ID tag on your pet. An ID tag is your lost pet’s ticket HOME. License your pet, as local law requires https://cuyahogadogs.com/en-US/Dog-License-Portal.aspx. Finally, keep a picture of your pet on file in the event he or she strays again with FindingRover.com!
List of Rescues and Animal Wardens
- Berea Animal Rescue (440) 234-2034
- City of Brooklyn and Parma Heights Warden (216) 635-4291
- Brook Park Warden (216) 433-1300
- The Cleveland APL (216) 771-4616
- Cuyahoga County Kennel (216) 348-4820
- Independence (505) 449-8932
- Lakewood Animal Shelter (216) 529-5020
- Medina County SPCA
- Middleburg Hts (440) 234-2216 Ext. 1506
- North Royalton Warden (440) 237-0665
- Strongsville Warden (440) 238-5720
- Brooklyn and Parma Hts (216) 635-4291
About the Parma Animal Shelter
The Parma Animal Shelter is opened seven days a week, from 10:00 a.m. – 12 Noon and 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Call us at 440-885-8014 (This number is only for adoption information and to report lost and found pets.) Email us at email@example.com. For Stray Animal Pick-up (volunteers at the shelter cannot accept dropped off pets) and other problems, please call 440-885-8010.
Have you found or lost a pet?
We recommend the following for listing lost pets:
- https://findingrover.com/ Keep your pet safe – register on FindingRover.com, a new facial-recognition site that searches for your lost pet. 15,000 lost pets have found their way home with this free service that checks shelter webpages and found reports.
- Our Animal Control – to check for newly impounded animals on Facebook